Skip to main content
BACK TO Careers
Lead Design Engineer
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information technology, Information and Communication Engineering or closely related field.
- CalSoft Labs, Inc., 2890, Zanker Road, Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform Digital design addition to ASIC for detecting manufacturing defects and improving the overall yield thus reducing defective parts per million.
- Develop comprehensive test plan for structural validation of complex SoCs.
- Verify design integrity at RTL level using embedded programmable built-in self-test.
- Implement Logic built-in self-test to enable on-field testing of highly secure, especially automotive SoCs.
- Responsible for Testability feature addition using SCAN insertion methodology to target faults on internal nodes of ASIC.
- Demonstrate Strong experience in SCAN implementation at IP level and on SoCs.
- Integrate Compression logic for scan implemented design to reduce test data volume and test time.
- Perform structural integration of built in self-test for embedded memory testing.
- Develop test plan development and validating algorithms for Programmable BIST, Memory BIST with EDA tools for large complex SoCs.
- Develop program Test Access Port (IEEE 1149.1) for test mode entry to validate silicon.
- Generate automated test patterns for IP and SoC using EDA tools for various fault models
- Analyze coverage and debug to meet test mode specific coverage targets
- Test Pattern validation using gate level simulation (GLS)
- Work with PD engineers for timing constraints generation.
- Work with STA Engineers on test timing and validate patterns with timing closure
- Responsible for successful pattern handoff to tester.
- Perform Post silicon production bring up.
- Provide ATE debug support.
- Contribution to DFT flow enhancement using scripting languages such as Verilog, Perl and TCL in UNIX environment.
- Handle resource planning, Project execution plan and review.
- Perform statement of work analysis and risk assessment.
- Meet timelines on planned project milestones and reviews.
- Analyze performance of employees; and
- Perform employee goal setting and Employee Development Plan review.